Physical Medicine Faculty: Healing with the laws and forces of Nature
The therapies of physical medicine harness the laws and forces of Nature. Thus, for example, the element, water, is used for the most diverse therapies, whereby both the buoyancy and the temperature difference have a favourable impact.
Physical medicine is a significant factor in rehabilitation and prevention. It is used to eliminate, compensate or prevent physical dysfunctions and adverse effects in day-to-day life, and to stimulate the selfhealing powers of the patient.
The doctors at the Nuhr Medical Center create a customised therapeutic concept for each patient having a clearly defined objective:
- Combating pains (backaches, low-back pains etc.)
- Maintenance and improvement of the functions of the locomotor system (Mobility, stress-bearing capacity and muscle power)
- Improvement of circulation and nutrients supply to various tissues
- Improvement of the reaction capability and the general physical fitness
- Restoration of the post-operative physical performance capability in case of artificial joint replacement, accident and traumatic illnesses; neurological diseases etc.
- Diseases of the spinal column and vertebral disks along with their after-effects such as Osteochondrosis, Spondylosis, Discopathy and Scheuermann's disease
- Rheumatic diseases such as Arthritis, Arthrosis and Bechterev's disease
- Central and peripheral paralysis
- After-effects of a stroke
- Cerebral and traumatic injuries
- Arterial circulatory dysfunctions
- Neurovegetative disorders
- Sinus-related diseases
- Complementary Methods
- Oxygen therapy
There is barely any other therapy that enables such concentrated and integrated exercise of all muscle regions. Therapeutic climbing is an ideal supplement to the treatment of patients having orthopaedic problems. Excellent results have been achieved even with stroke patients having signs of halfsided paralysis, in case of coordination dysfunctions owing to cerebral damage, multiple sclerosis and ataxia (improper movement coordination) in the context of neuro rehabilitation, with patients suffering from chronic pains and those suffering from vertigo. More about therapeutic climbing >>>